Who Uses Drones and Why?
Drones seem to be in the news frequently these days, and it’s no wonder. Between the privacy issues, the licensing regulations, and the potential damage from crashing the suckers, it’s wading through all the implications can be tough. However, since the FAA finally revised their operator licensing requirements in August of 2016, drone operators have to pass a certification exam but no longer need to have a small aircraft pilot’s license. (Yes, we have our certification as well as drone-specific liability insurance in addition to our regular business insurance).
Over the last few years, drone photography has steadily marched into the real estate photography market, and this continues to expand. Currently, the most common market sections for drone work are these:
- Properties in prime locations – drone video shows off how the home is situated, such as its proximity to the river or its amenities or the forest or vineyard on the property or some other attractive property/location feature. This is the most common type of drone video we do.
- Luxury properties
- Tracts of land or larger properties that don’t photograph well from the ground
- Commercial properties
- New Construction showing the construction in various stages.
This makes sense, of course, since in all of those cases you want to show off the scope of the property or its position in the surrounding area. For luxury properties, drone photography can show off property amenities such as a pool, outbuildings, horse pasture, etc. Undeveloped acreage is especially difficult to capture in photographs because they often cannot really provide a sense of scale or how the property lays out and fits together. Drone video displays those aspects very well. The same is true for commercial properties and their surrounding neighborhoods.
Here is an example of one of our recent drone flyovers:
If you’d like a bit more info or samples of our aerial photography work, here are a few links for you to check out:
- Picture That Property Aerial Photography
- Drone Flyover Videos
- Combination Standard Interior/Drone Exterior Videos
Let me know if you’d like a price sheet or are ready to book a shoot!
About The Author
Head Bosser. (Also, customer care, booking, billing, marketing, everything else that doesn't involve an actual camera). Need something? Just holler... Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone/text: 503-975-3776